05 March, 2014

SZIMPLA DESIGN SHOP

Best of Hungary Szimpla Design Shop

Szimpla has come up with something really cool. Again! Their new store called SZIMPLA DESIGN SHOP handcraft & boutique has opened recently in District 7, only a couple of steps away from Gozsdu Courtyard. 

I've been passing by it for some time but finally today I remembered taking my camera with me so I can show everything they have in their store. At the moment there is a huge construction going on in front of the shop, so it is not that easy to approach it, but believe me, it is worth the dust and noise to get there! 

Best of Hungary Szimpla Design Shop
Szimpla Design Shop
You only need to take a couple of steps down to the basement, and what you see there is like a completely different world. It's colorful and bright, looks just like a little jewelry box. I soon found out that the guy behind the counter is actually one of the owners, so he knows everything about all the items that can be found in the store. 
Best of Hungary Szimpla Design Shop
Oldschool radio turned into a lamp
He was very helpful showing me around, telling me little stories about almost every furniture. Because what you find in this store is mainly a previously owned item, usually refurbished by a designer or a very creative person. 

Best of Hungary Szimpla Design Shop
Yes, this is a lamp made of cassettes.
There's plenty to see, one of my favourite things was this lamp that was made of old music cassettes. As I was told, beside many other great music bands of course, you can find Spice Girls and Ricky Martin cassettes among them. I think it is just a great thing to turn some old, somehow useless things into a practical item for your home. Not to mention that this way the disco memories of our childhood can stay with us forever. 

Best of Hungary Szimpla Design Shop
Organic soaps and other great things
Best of Hungary Szimpla Design Shop
The owner is very enthusiastic about all the items that can be found in the shop. He also told me that they are searching for new items all the time, they also buy and trade old things that could use some refurbishing.
And that's not all. They are also planning to use the place for arts and crafts workshops for anybody who is interested in new ideas. For more news check out their Facebook page, their website is coming soon! 

Useful information:
Address: 
24 Síp Street in District 7
Opening hours:
Sunday, Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 12-19h
Saturday: 11-15h

I took a lot of pictures, so if you would like to see the picture gallery, please click HERE.

If you've found this post useful, please join our Facebook page and also don't forget to like it and share with your friends! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment